Contact our team for more information about how we help Charities, Community Interest Companies, Co-operative Societies and Community Benefit Societies.
Groundwork will offer a ground-breaking, one-stop-shop energy service in Rochdale, Tameside and Bury as a precursor to GM wide delivery in future.
With no cap on individual appointments, an outreach presence in the most disadvantaged neighbourhoods, training local volunteers as energy champions, and using our expert knowledge of local community assets, this project builds resilience in communities and will make sustained change beyond the end of Ofgem funding.
Every conversation counts and being in people’s homes dealing with energy issues is a unique opportunity to provide other wrap-around services linked to health and wellbeing – including indoor air quality monitoring, digital inclusion, flood resilience in high risk areas, financial capability, water usage and linking people to local community assets.
Key objectives include:
- Build on an existing network of frontline agencies to generate over 700 referrals
- Install small energy measures in 520 vulnerable households.
- Agree tailored action plans which document practical ways to reduce household energy usage and keep warm.
- Provide support/advocacy to represent consumers’ needs in the energy market going the extra mile to resolve problems that we encounter.
- Provide wrap-around services linked to health and wellbeing
Energy Industry Voluntary Redress Scheme funding will pay for small energy measures in 520 households and creation of two key posts to carry out face-to-face home visits and outreach in the most disadvantaged areas, and to provide immediate triage support and advocacy to customers over the phone, tackling problems before a home visit is required.